[Ironpython-users] Failing to read the standard output

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 00:39:24 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:58 AM, Hemanth M B <hemanth at broadcom.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I am using System.Diagnostics namespace to spawn a console application. I
> want use asynchronous read and synchronous write, since the application is
> interactive. If I use synchronous read as mentioned below code, I need to
> close the stream writer before reading to end. Please help me to make code
> interactive.

Hi Hemanth,
This isn't really IronPython specific, so finding a similar solution
in C# you should be able to translate it fairly easily. In this case I
think you need to use the OutputDataReceived event and call
BeginOutputReadLine to start the process, then handle the output
events from the event handler.

Alternatively, call ReadLine in a separate thread so that it doesn't
block. This is a bit tricky to get right, so the event approach is
probably better depending on what you need to do with the output.

- Jeff