[Ironpython-users] Django & IronPython - Not working

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Mon May 19 09:03:04 CEST 2014

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Vernon D. Cole <vernondcole at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nevertheless, I hope to have an alpha-test version of django on IronPython
> running in a few weeks.

Sweeeeet. I've been interested in seeing this since 2007 - although
I've come to hate web development with a passion, hopefully others are
still interested. :)

When IP3 is out I'll rewrite NWSGI on top of OWIN to plug in to the
new ASP.NET stack, which could open up some interesting options for
integrating ASP.NET and Django, which is what I wanted to do way back
when (and SharePoint...*shudder*).

One thing is that Pawel has done a bunch of work to make bytes-str
interop better in 2.7.5. We'll have to rip it all out in 3.0, but I
think it might help with Django even without IP3 (which is way behind
the 2.7.5 repo at the moment).

- Jeff