[Ironpython-users] IronPython 3 Version Number (Was: Item 34263 in 2.7.5?)

Olof Bjarnason olof.bjarnason at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 09:50:29 CEST 2014

To just add my relative outsider opinion (new user of IronPython, 5+
year user of CPython).

As long as a IronPython version does not adhere 100% to a CPython
version, it does not make sense to follow same version name
convention.

Better then to have a completely different "scale", e.g. 0.xyz. In
fact, as long as IronPython doesn't adhere to CPython <some version>,
does it even make sense to have a version beyond 1.0?

On the topic of Python compliance, how do you determine exactly how
compliant IronPython is? How does PyPy determine this?