[Ironpython-users] SystemError: Handle is not initialized.

Vladimir Vukovic vladimir099 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:25:18 CEST 2014

We embedded IronPython 2.7. to our .Net application (.net version is 4.0).

There is one abstract base class (Application) and derived class from
it (DApplication).

class Application(object):
    __metaclass__ = abc.ABCMeta

    app = None

    def __init__(self, app):
        self.app = app

class DApllication(Application):
    def __init__(self):
        super(DApllication, self).__init__(app='some_string')

After this:

d = DApllication()

exception is thrown:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\SmartTest\lib\python\StdLib\abc.py", line
132, in __instancecheck__
  File "C:\Program Files\SmartTest\lib\python\StdLib\_weakrefset.py",
line 73, in __contains__
SystemError: Handle is not initialized.

This happened only once, and we couldn't reproduce this anymore.

We think that GC collect some objects, with weak ref, and when we try
to use it, exception is raised.

Does anyone had this problem or know for this issue?

Thank you.