[Ironpython-users] Licensing

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 06:48:26 CET 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Slide <slide.o.mix at gmail.com> wrote:
> For issue 22138 [1], it would be very helpful to be able to use and ship
> IKVM.Reflection.dll, What licenses are we wanting these days?

Apache 2 or BSD-ish. No GPL. LGPL, maybe, but I'd prefer not. It looks
like IKVM.Reflection is BSD so that would be OK.

Another option is Mono.Cecil, which I've played with for some other
stuff that I haven't got around to finishing yet. My faint
recollection is that IKVM is slightly better for generating code but
Cecil is better for manipulating existing code.

Also, there was a patch recently that adds .exe properties - since
both icons and properties use native resources, you'll have to make
sure that they can play together.

- Jeff