[Ironpython-users] How to create a program to IronPython for Android?

Markus Schaber m.schaber at codesys.com
Thu Jul 18 08:09:54 CEST 2013

Hi, Alex,

Von: Tumanov Alex
> Hi!
> Set IronPython, has created several projects. Then, in a sub folder
> accidentally discovered Platforms Android. I decided to try it. Did
> the following:
> 1. IronPythonApplication.py created a console application code:
> print ('Hello world')
> raw_input ("Press any key to exit")
> 2. Did IronPythonApplication.exe using a batch file:
> "c: \ Program Files \ IronPython 2.7 \ ipy.exe" "c: \ Program Files \
> IronPython 2.7 \ Tools \ Scripts \ pyc.py" / target: exe / main: "d:
> \ MyAndroid \ IronPythonApplication \ IronPythonApplication \
> IronPythonApplication . py "
> 3. Did on the SD card with Android 4.1 phone directory AndroidProg,
> copied there all the files from the Android and created files and
> IronPythonApplication.py IronPythonApplication.exe.
> 4. He tried to run them and got a message that is not connected with
> them none of the programs.
> Tell me, please, how you can use IronPython to create programs for
> Android.

IronPython is a .NET application, so you will need an implementation of .NET for Android.

The only one I know of is the one from Xamarin, based on Mono:

http://xamarin.com/monoforandroid

That said, I do not know whether the android port of IronPython is currently stable and/or supported by the developers.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS(r) a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.schaber at codesys.com | Web: http://www.codesys.com | CODESYS store: http://store.codesys.com
CODESYS forum: http://forum.codesys.com

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915