[Ironpython-users] issue with distribute_setup.py

Daniel Fernandez fernandez_dan2 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 16 05:43:15 CEST 2013

Hi All,
I ran into an issue trying to execute dsitribute_setup.py. I used both the -X:Frames and -X:FullFrames but I am getting an error message sys module does not contain '_getframe'.  Here is the output
c:\Users\Daniel\Downloads>c:\IronPython27\ipy.exe -X:Frames distribute_setup.pyExtracting in c:\users\daniel\appdata\local\temp\tmpje5fjsNow working in c:\users\daniel\appdata\local\temp\tmpje5fjs\distribute-0.6.49Installing DistributeBefore install bootstrap.Scanning installed packagesNo setuptools distribution foundrunning installTraceback (most recent call last):  File "setup.py", line 147, in <module>  File "c:\IronPython27\Lib\distutils\core.py", line 151, in setup  File "c:\IronPython27\Lib\distutils\dist.py", line 952, in run_commands  File "c:\IronPython27\Lib\distutils\dist.py", line 971, in run_command  File "c:\users\daniel\appdata\local\temp\tmpje5fjs\distribute-0.6.49\setuptools\command\install.py", line 63, inrunAttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '_getframe' Something went wrong during the installation.See the error message above.

I thought passing -X:Frames (which I do almost all the time) as an argument would enable sys module to have sys._getframe?
I tracked in the distribute_setup.py where the issue is occurring. It is happening in the _python_cmd functiondef _python_cmd(*args):        args = (sys.executable,) + args        return subprocess.call(args) == 0
I don't think the -X:Frames is being passed along to the subprocess? I'm not sure to handle this without changing the script?
Danny