[Ironpython-users] pipe dup and dup2

Pawel Jasinski pawel.jasinski at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 14:05:15 CET 2013

hi,

I have fixed pipe and added dup and dup2 to nt/os module. The results
can be     seen here:
https://github.com/paweljasinski/IronLanguages/tree/tinker-with-file

However, I am not 100% sure, that the way it is now is right.
At the moment IP manages its own file descriptors available via nt/os module.

On platforms, such mono/linux, it is probably redundant. Perfectly
functioning posix layer with native file descriptors exist. I suspect
there is a way to access it.
On classic windows there is msvcrt which can be used, analog to the
way cpython does.

As far as I can tell IP targets other windows platforms without msvcrt
support and I am not able to access situation there.

Any ideas and comments are welcome.

--pawel

Ref: https://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/7267