[Ironpython-users] utf in source \u00F8

Pawel Jasinski pawel.jasinski at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:37:05 CEST 2012

hi,

Jeff pointed out that there is something strange with the code I have submitted.
It is about main/Languages/IronPython/IronPython/Runtime/PythonModule.cs
We have seen quite a few things with args\u00F8

e.g.:   public static PythonModule/*!*/ __new__(CodeContext/*!*/
context, PythonType/*!*/ cls, params object[]/*!*/ args\u00F8) {

I assumed it had to do with my editor or locale or whatever I did with
my repo and it will get converted to crossed o (ø) on commit.
However today I made a fresh clone with virgin install of git on
linux. The \u00F8 is there.
The file in question does not have BOM:
0000000 2f 2a 20 2a 2a 2a 2a 2a 2a 2a 2a 2a 2a 2a 2a 2a

Here is exactly what I have done:
> git clone https://github.com/IronLanguages/main.git

and my settings:

core.repositoryformatversion=0
core.filemode=true
core.bare=false
core.logallrefupdates=true
remote.origin.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
remote.origin.url=https://github.com/IronLanguages/main.git
branch.master.remote=origin
branch.master.merge=refs/heads/master

I must be missing something or perhaps it used to be ø and got
converted during migration?
grep -Irsin '\\u00f8' * | wc -l
returns 68

Please, help.