[Ironpython-users] Codeplex -> GitHub Issue Migration (Was: Differences with pyc-compiled assemblies?)

Slide slide.o.mix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 16:28:46 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Slide <slide.o.mix at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> * can you move all of the old metadata to the bottom of the issue,
> >> under "Original Codeplex Issue"?
> >

> > I'm assuming you mean the "Item Details" stuff from the issues on
> CodePlex?
> Yeah, and anything you parse out of the XML.
>
> >> For the attachments, the only other reasonable thing I can think of is
> >> to put them in S3. I don't really see any issue with just linking to
> >> the attachments on Codeplex, though, since I doubt they'll go away any
> >> time soon. I'm sure it would be possible if non-trivial to move them
> >> all later anyway.
> >>

> > I can take a look at S3, it looks like they have a free tier of 5GB of
> > storage which should be more than plenty. Once I'm to a point where it
> looks
> > like how you want, is there a login account I should use to import into
> > GitHub so that the issues don't look like they are from me, or does
> anyone
> > care about that part?
>
> I would contact GitHub and see if there's any way to have them appear
> to be from the ironlanguages organization. Also see if it's possible
> to change the issue date so that they don't all appear to be from the
> same day, but that's less of an issue.
>
> - Jeff

I contacted them and the thing they said there is no way for it to come
from an organization, but recommended creating a new user 'ironpythonbot'
and have it do the import. I have created such a user, and just need it
added to the organization (I don't seem to have that option, or am just not
seeing it on GitHub). I need to update my screen scraping to gather the XML
info as well as more info from the "Item Details" area. GitHub also said
that it is not possible to set the date/time of an issue via the API, so
all the issues will appear as coming from the same day.

slide

--
Website: http://earl-of-code.com