[Ironpython-users] Codeplex -> GitHub Issue Migration (Was: Differences with pyc-compiled assemblies?)

Slide slide.o.mix at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 17:14:12 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good work! For the most part, I like it. There are a couple of minor
> improvements I'd like to see:
>
> * can you parse the XML-formatted issues (e.g.
> http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/23970) and get the interesting
> information (reporter, date, affected version) out of that?

Yeah, this shouldn't be too hard. I'm going to delete the test repo I
created and create a new one to test the import again. Another thing I am
running into is the rate limiting on GitHub, I need to optimize a few
requests to reduce the number and get around the rate limiting.

> * can you move all of the old metadata to the bottom of the issue,
> under "Original Codeplex Issue"?

I'm assuming you mean the "Item Details" stuff from the issues on CodePlex?

> * the attachment links aren't being rendered properly. Probably just a
> slight issue with the Markdown you're using.

I'll take a look at this as well, I think I reversed the [] and () in the
markdown.

> For the attachments, the only other reasonable thing I can think of is
> to put them in S3. I don't really see any issue with just linking to
> the attachments on Codeplex, though, since I doubt they'll go away any
> time soon. I'm sure it would be possible if non-trivial to move them
> all later anyway.

I can take a look at S3, it looks like they have a free tier of 5GB of
storage which should be more than plenty. Once I'm to a point where it
looks like how you want, is there a login account I should use to import
into GitHub so that the issues don't look like they are from me, or does
anyone care about that part?

slide