[Ironpython-users] feedback on PEP 421

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Mon May 7 18:08:37 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> wrote:
> A plain dict would be certainly be easier to implement, just using the
> builtin.  Exposing an immutable dict type in CPython could open a can
> of worms, but if it makes sense we could consider it.

If it's going to be harder for CPython, then I wouldn't worry about it
too much.

I can't see any good reason to write to .metadata, so a PEP note
("Making changes to sys.implementation.metadata is not guaranteed to
work" or some such) should be fine. If it somebody tries to do it and
it breaks, well, they get to keep the pieces. :)

- Jeff