[Ironpython-users] feedback on PEP 421

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Mon May 7 09:56:58 CEST 2012

Hi, Eric,

> Von Eric Snow

> I'm looking for feedback on PEP 421: "Adding sys.implementation".  The
> idea came up in 2009 and garnered positive feedback, but didn't go
> anywhere.  I've revived it and am hoping to get it worked out in time for
> Python 3.3.
>
> Any feedback would be very helpful, particularly with regard to the
> decision on the type of sys.implementation and the constraints on
> sys.implementation.version.  Thanks.

As a user and embedder of IronPython, and a long-time user of cPython, I welcome this idea.

Maybe we can add a required variable "host" which contains a tuple (or set) of tagwords describing the hosting / embedding environment.

This could contain values like:
('apache', 'mod_python')
('apache', 'cgi')
('CoDeSys')

This idea just popped up in my mind, so it is not yet fully matured. :-)

Best regards

Markus Schaber
--
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber at 3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915