[Ironpython-users] Passing Python exceptions in a sandboxed domain

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 21 23:58:23 CET 2012

The Execute methods have ExecuteAndWrap versions which catch the exception locally and return it as an ObjectHandle.  You can then pass that object handle back into either ObjectOperations or ExceptionOperations to do the formatting or conversion into a string in the remote domain.

If you need code that's more like what you specifically have below (because you're not just executing code) you can always do the same trick - in the remote app domain catch the exception, and then pass out a new ObjectHandle to the exception object rather than passing the object back.