[Ironpython-users] IronPython Mobile Support

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 20:25:08 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Bernd Viehmann
<bernd.viehmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is there any web-resource to get an idea how to develop mobile solutions
> with iron-python. That would be very interesting for me.

Sort of, but not really.

Embedding IronPython in a mobile app is exactly like embedding it in a
desktop app (and AFAIK you'll always have to embed it in a C# stub,
but in the future we'll provide a boilerplate stub), so that's a good
place to start and there are plenty of docs on how to do that.
However, there are issues around packaging & deployment for mobiles
(esp. the standard library) that I haven't worked through yet.

If you (or anyone else reading this!) re willing to endure some
difficulties, and you're already experienced with one of the mobile
platforms or planning on learning, it would be great to have some help
testing this out and figuring out the best way to do it.

Better mobile-focused docs will probably have to wait until the
2.7.3-ish timeframe, but I wouldn't consider the mobile platforms
"production-ready" until around then anyway. For 2.7.2 they'll be
very, very beta.

- Jeff