[Ironpython-users] fix for problem with lost working directory in compiled ironPython

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 17:26:55 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Peter Schwalm <ps at peter-schwalm.de> wrote:
> How can I submit it to the developpers so that it can be included in the
> next release of IronPython?

Ideally, the steps are similar to
http://www.hanselman.com/blog/GetInvolvedInOpenSourceTodayHowToContributeAPatchToAGitHubHostedOpenSourceProjectLikeCode52.aspx,
but for IronPython. I thought we had some IronPython-specific notes,
but they are horribly out of date. One more thing for the TODO list, I
guess. But that's a lot to get set up for a small fix, if you don't
already have git et al. installed.

Next best is a patch (or diff) that can be easily applied. Finally, if
only one fie is changed, just the modified file is OK. Please attach
it to the appropriate issue as well, as it will get forgotten in the
email archives (and reply with the issue number as well).

Thanks for fixing this. I'll make sure it gets into the next beta.

- Jeff

P.S. For any one else reading who's looking for a simple way to
contribute, updating the docs on the wiki
(https://github.com/IronLanguages/main/wiki) would be a great place to
start. All you should need is a github account.