[Ironpython-users] Using System.Diagnostics.Process results in Errno 22

Jackie Sproat JackieSproat at smarttech.com
Tue Dec 18 22:54:10 CET 2012

Using python I have no problem starting my process with subprocess.Popen('java -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sikuli X\sikuli-script.jar" ' + finalname, shell=True)

But, because the select module is not available, you can't use the subprocess module in IronPython.
So, I have to use System.Diagnostics.Process instead.

However, using this with IronPython, results in Errno 22: The system cannot find the file specified...

    file_name = 'java -jar "C:\Program Files\Sikuli X\sikuli-script.jar" '
    file_name = "\"" + file_name + "\""
    try:
        p = Process()
        p.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = True
        p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = False
        p.StartInfo.FileName = file_name
        print p.StartInfo.FileName
        p.StartInfo.Arguments = arg_file
        print p.StartInfo.Arguments