[IronPython] The return value (out)

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Sat Mar 26 06:44:30 CET 2011

Is the method overloaded?  There could be enough confusion w/overloads where we aren't picking the right overload.  Alternately you can do:

import clr
ref = clr.Reference[TPick]()

And then call it with the reference value whose's .Value property will be updated on a successful call such as:

int_res = EntityPick(ref, ...)
print ref.Value

If it is overloaded you can also index into the .Overloads property to select the proper overload but hopefully using Reference (which is an alias for StrongBox) should work.