[IronPython] multiprocessing in 2.7

Romain Gilles romain.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 14:19:45 CET 2011

Ok,
I have patched the corresponding line:

19a20
> from System.Text import UTF8Encoding
283c284,288
<         self._authkey = AuthenticationString(os.urandom(32))
---
>         bytes = os.urandom(32)
>         encoding=UTF8Encoding()
>         if isinstance(bytes, str):
>             bytes = encoding.GetBytes(bytes)
>         self._authkey = AuthenticationString(bytes)

 but who can I add to my IronPython the _multiprocessing module ?
c:\temp>ipy test-ipy-multiprocessing.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test-ipy-multiprocessing.py", line 1, in <module>
  File "c:\Program Files\IronPython
2.7\lib\site-packages\multiprocessing\__init__.py", line 83, in <module>
ImportError: No module named _multiprocessing

Maybe It cannot be resolved that way.

Regards,

Romain