[IronPython] Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono?

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 16:24:02 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Doug Blank <doug.blank at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a place on IronPython's codeplex site that we could document
> this information?
>
> Currently, there are many assumptions on:
>
> http://ironpython.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Respository%20Instructions&referringTitle=Home
> http://ironpython.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Contributing%20to%20IronPython&referringTitle=Home
>
> that suggest that IronPython requires Visual Studio, Windows, etc. I
> guess those wiki pages can't be edited by anyone, but if you make a
> page off of those, I'd be glad to help maintain this alternate build
> and run information. My codeplex id is dsblank.

You now have "Editor" permission and should be able to edit the wiki
to your heart's content. Mono docs would be awesome.

There does need to be a strategy around docs, though. They're really
scattered right now, between codeplex, github, and the source. And
most of them aren't on the websites either. I just don't have a
concrete idea yet about how to deal with that.

- Jeff