[IronPython] PTVS question

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 16 21:03:40 CET 2011

Charles wrote:
> For both.  Just now I added an: "import os Print os.getcwd()" (don't know
> why that didn't dawn on me before) and it prints the solution/project
> directory.  Even so, somehow it ignores the app.config unless I drop it into
> the IPy dir.  This works, but its not ideal if one has apps with a different
> app.config.  Perhaps there is/should be a way to copy Ipy.exe to my project
> dir and get it to use the local copy of the app.config?

I see, I think this is effectively this issue:

http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/26165

We need to add a feature to IronPython to support starting an app domain with
a user supplied app configuration file.  Then we can run the code in that app domain
and it'll have the correct configuration in place.  It's not really a PTVS issue but once
that feature is implemented we could easily support it in PTVS with both the
IronPython launcher and even the default Python launcher.

It should be a pretty simple feature to implement if anyone out there was looking
for something straight forward to get started with. :)