[IronPython] IronPython Hosting ?

Dody Gunawinata empirebuilder at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 22:19:36 CET 2011

I am hosting IronPython in a context of one HTTP request execution via
template engine rendering in CMS/ecommerce context.

My systems provide user configurable templates that they save and
these templates are executed at run time after being loaded from the
DB. These templates have built in functions (trims, etc) written in C#
but I also provide IronPythons scripts that can be used directly
within these templates. The good thing about these scripts is that the
user can create and edit their own scripts.

Since all these scripts functions must be available in one HTTP
request, I worry constantly about these functions performance.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 9:42 AM, L. Lee Saunders <saunderl at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> My biggest hurdle was running IronPython out of C++/cli.  I tried hand
>> converting some working C# code but was failing.  I finally had to resort to
>> RedGate's "Reflector" with the C++/cli plugin.  That did not produce working
>> code either, but with its output and my attempts to hand convert, I was able
>> to produce working code.
>
> Can you share it? You're probably not the only person to try, and I'd
> like to know what the differences from C# are.
>
> - Jeff

nomadlife.org