[Ironpython-users] Building a COM server with IronPython 2.7

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 18:36:06 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Jamal Mazrui <Jamal.Mazrui at fcc.gov> wrote:
> In the past, I have built a COM server with C# and the RegAsm.exe utility of
> the .NET Framework.  If I use pyc.py to create a DLL with IronPython, will I
> be able to build a COM server in a similar manner?  Are there any particular
> issues to be aware of?

It's unlikely that it will work. pyc.py doesn't generate assemblies
that can be used directly by other .NET programs (i.e., they're not
CLS-compliant).

You should be able to write a very thin shim in C# that hosts
IronPython and stores the python files as resources, and then register
the shim with regasm.exe.

- Jeff