[Ironpython-users] Assembly references: file does not exist?

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Wed Jun 29 16:55:24 CEST 2011

If the C# app is in the same directory as the assembly you're trying to load
from Python, it would automatically find dependent assemblies in that
directory. ipy.exe probably isn't in that directory, so the managed loader
(which is largely driven by the directory containing the launching
executable, though that is something of an oversimplification) wouldn't find
it.

I'd forgotten fuslogvw.exe, but that's usually the penultimate thing I do
when troubleshooting loading problems.