[Ironpython-users] Compiling IronPython for .NET 2.0

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Thu Jul 28 08:25:31 CEST 2011

Hi, Jeff,

Von: Jeff Hardy [mailto:jdhardy at gmail.com]

> Also, there might be some changes that require 3.5 (use of Linq, etc.)
> since I don't know if anyone was testing on plain-old .NET 2.0 (I
think
> the v2 targets are actually set for 3.5). There are supposed to be
targets
> on the build server that build .NET 2, but I'm not sure if they're
> working. Of course, I'd also like to get artifact generation working
> properly on the build server as well.

Exactly those changes seem to be there.

> This ties into Mono 2.6 support, since I don't know what .NET version
it
> maps to.

Mono 2.6 seems to map somewhere between .NET 2.0 and 2.4 - for example,
they have LINQ and parts of WCF, and even parts of .NET 4.0 including
the DLR.

But my problem is windows centric, it concerns some customers refraining
to upgrade from .NET 2.0 to anything newer (while others press us to use
.NET 4).

But it seems that we will step from .NET 2.0 to 4.0 for the next
release, so I think our problems will go away soon. :-)

Best regards

Markus Schaber

___________________________
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 |
Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber at 3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects:
http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner |
Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915