[Ironpython-users] Assembly references: file does not exist?

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Tue Jul 5 08:16:06 CEST 2011

Hi, Dave,

You wrote:

> ILSpy loads my assembly dll just fine.  As does a C# app.   Only ipy.exe complains about an error.

> I think the missing file error is bogus and something else is going on. But I'm not sure what. Hopefully the below code and output will explain the situation better than English verbiage. Note that I verify the file actually exists very earlier in the script!

Did you solve your problem yet?

If not, could you try the following: Try to load the assembly using one of the static methods here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/system.reflection.assembly.aspx

(You can do "from System.Reflection import Assembly" and then call the methods using "Assembly.Load(...)").

If it works usingLoad, LoadFile, LoadFrom or LoadWithPartialName, then we know it might be some IronPython specific problem (and you can pass the loaded Assembly object to AddReference as a workaround).

If it does not work using one of those methods, then the problem is not IronPython specific, but more generic (e. G. path resolving). Then it may be interesting to know the results of ReflectionOnlyLoad and UnsafeLoadFrom.

Best regards

Markus Schaber