[IronPython] Adding Unit Tests

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 11 18:49:50 CET 2011

Jeff wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Tomas Matousek
> <Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com> wrote:
> > IronRuby doesn't use the test runner. IronRuby's harness is written in Ruby
> (Languages\Ruby\Tests\Scripts\irtests.rb). It's run by a previous IronRuby
> version checked in to Util\IronRuby.
>
> So is there any value whatsoever in keeping the TestRunner around? If there
> isn't, I'll look into porting the IronPython test infrastructure to use unittest.

As long as all of the tests we want to run keep running there's no reason to keep
TestRunner - it was just a way to run all of the same tests we ran before w/o
relying upon internal MS infrastructure.

I'm not sure how many of the DLR tests we'll still want to run but I imagine we can
just wrap them in unittest and have it run the EXEs.