[IronPython] how to build ironpython on ubuntu from sources?

Miguel de Icaza miguel at novell.com
Sun Jan 9 02:29:49 CET 2011

Hello,

 Miguel, is a Windows installer available for 2.10? I’m working on fixing
> the issues that block IronRuby and IronPython build on Mono. I use 2.8.2
> right now, but would like to try 2.10.

We have not done a 2.10 build yet, we are going to branch early next week,
and should have preview installers soon after that.

BTW, is SecurityManager.GetStandardSandbox implemented on 2.10? It is
> missing from 2.8.2, which blocks Ruby’s test suite build.

We do not implement this, and we wont likely be implementing it, as we do
not support CAS.  We only support Silverlight's security sandbox.

CAS would be too large of a project for us to complete.

Miguel