[IronPython] Silent install of IronPython

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 05:57:19 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:50 PM, haniti grk <haniti.grk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am fine that some of the stuff goes to GAC but just wanted to install most
> of the stuff in c:\ipy. I checked IronPython.wxs and it seems like it should
> use INSTALLDIR option but it does not do it though.

This was reported against 2.7B1 in bug #29950 [1], but was also
reported as fixed in 2.7B2. If I set the install path to C:\ipy27\ in
the installer UI, it works fine. I tried using both INSTALLDIR and
TARGETDIR from the command line instead, but it just dumped it all in
the default directory.

- Jeff

[1] http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/29950