[IronPython] Contents of Lib (packaging for RPM)

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 10 23:00:29 CET 2011

Andrew wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Dino Viehland <dinov at microsoft.com> wrote:
> > In the case of IronPython the script is just pulling the files from
> > Languages/IronPython/StdLib/StdLib.pyproj so you could just go
> > straight to that MSbuild file to get the list of files to use.
> >
> > StdLib.pyproj is generated from
> > Languages/IronPython/StdLib/MakeModuleList.py
> > which you could run on Linux to see if there's any differences between
> > the modules which can be successfully imported.
>
> Excellent. Thank you! For now I'll just parse StdLib.pyproj, in future I'll modify
> MakeModuleList.py to work on Linux and output a plain list of paths or
> something.
>
> Further question though: when I build using "xbuild
> Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln" some files get put into bin/<Configuration>/Lib,
> specifically __future__.py iptest/ runpy.py site.py, and these files are not the
> same as the ones in External.LCA_RESTRICTED. Which one should be in my Lib
> directory in my package?

You want the ones from External.LCA_RESTRICTED.  These are skeleton versions of
Those files there that enable running w/o the standard library.  We used to run all
of tests both w/ and w/o the CPython std lib but we no longer do that - we now
always run w/ the std lib so these are probably obsolete.