[IronPython] Interim CI server for IronPython

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 20:35:30 CET 2011

Hi all,
There is an IronPython project set up on teamcity.codebetter.net
(http://teamcity.codebetter.com/project.html?projectId=project110) to
provide some interim continuous integration (CI) services for
IronPython. It checks the git repo periodically and ensures that
IronPython is building properly. There's a lot more that could be done
with it, but I'm happy with this until after 2.7B2 is released. Prior
to 2.7 RTM having automated tests as well is extremely important.

It should be publically visible, but if it's not, let me know. If you
want the ability to edit build definitions and such, just ask.

Post-2.7 I want to figure out a better solution; one that can handle
Mono as well. I just don't think we have the resources to run our own
CI infrastructure, to we're going to be dependent on someone else - be
it CodeBetter, Mono, or Python. I'm still considering Brian's
suggestion of leaning on the existing CPython buildslaves, but
obviously that will depend on what they're willing and able to
accommodate. I don't know what the Mono guys have available for us. In
any case, I'm not going to worry about it until after 2.7.

- Jeff

P.S. There's no reason that IronRuby can't be set up on
teamcity.codebetter.com as well, but I'm not familiar with its build
process.