[Ironpython-users] ValueError in IronPython 2.7.1 beta

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 24 19:16:10 CEST 2011

Repros for me too - The exception is coming from here:

An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Debugging.DebuggableLambdaBuilder.LayOutVariables(Dictionary`2 strongBoxedLocals, Dictionary`2 parameters)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Debugging.DebuggableLambdaBuilder.TransformLambda(LambdaExpression lambda)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Debugging.DebuggableLambdaBuilder.Transform(LambdaExpression lambda)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Debugging.CompilerServices.DebugContext.TransformLambda(LambdaExpression lambda, DebugLambdaInfo lambdaInfo)
   at IronPython.Runtime.FunctionCode.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<GetGeneratorOrNormalLambdaTracing>b__19(Expression`1 x)
   at IronPython.Compiler.GeneratorRewriter.Reduce(Boolean shouldInterpret, Boolean emitDebugSymbols, Int32 compilationThreshold, IList`1 parameters, Func`2 bod
yConverter)
   at IronPython.Runtime.FunctionCode.GetGeneratorOrNormalLambdaTracing(PythonContext context)
   at IronPython.Runtime.FunctionCode.UpdateDelegate(PythonContext context, Boolean forceCreation)
   at IronPython.Runtime.FunctionCode.LazyCompileFirstTarget(PythonFunction function)
   at IronPython.Compiler.PythonCallTargets.OriginalCallTarget4(PythonFunction function, Object arg0, Object arg1, Object arg2, Object arg3)
   at IronPython.Runtime.PythonFunction.FunctionCaller`1.Default3Call1(CallSite site, CodeContext context, Object func, T0 arg0)
   at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`4.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
   at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx)
   at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.Run(Scope scope)
   at IronPython.Hosting.PythonCommandLine.<>c__DisplayClass1.<RunOneInteraction>b__0()
ValueError: An item with the same key has already been added.

My guess would be that the debuggable lambda re-writer isn't handling re-use of the same
parameter within different blocks.  It might be possible to change this from calling Insert into
using the indexer to assign (which allows replacements) but that's probably not the correct fix.

Can you open a bug?  I can look into it more later.