[IronPython] Stubbing out a MAPI DLL

Sumit Basu sumitb at microsoft.com
Wed Apr 6 20:52:07 CEST 2011

I'd suggest using Exchange Web Services instead of MAPI - in my experience, I've found MAPI to be very tricky to use*, and small errors from an independent program using MAPI can cause painful problems (such as Outlook no longer working!).  I've used EWS from IronPython/Sho before and found it to be quite a smooth experience.  You'll have to use wsdl.exe to generate the stub library from your exchange server, then once you do, you can follow the many EWS C# examples on the web and easily translate them to IronPython.

-Sumit

*Disclaimer - I'm not a COM expert, so if I knew what I was doing, perhaps I wouldn't have run into those problems :)