[IronPython] Stubbing out a MAPI DLL

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Tue Apr 5 22:59:45 CEST 2011

Hi,

I received a request recently to create a Python application that can be
set as a default email client so that we can use the "Send To Mail
Recipient" functionality found in MS Office, Adobe products, etc to send
the mail to our Zimbra web client.

After much research, I think I need to stub out some kind of MAPI
implementation and make it into a DLL. Does anyone have any knowledge of
how to do that? I thought I might be able to use IronPython for this
since I couldn't find a good way to do it with normal Python. Thanks a lot!

- Mike