[IronPython] Thank you all

Pablo Dalmazzo pablodalma93 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 14:20:52 CEST 2010

isnt there already a language for .NET called S# or it's the same language you're talking about?
Greetings

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:57:51 -0400
From: miguel at novell.com
To: users at lists.ironpython.com
CC: miguel.novell at gmail.com
Subject: Re: [IronPython] Thank you all

Hello,

Miguel tweeted about turning it into a full fledged scripting language

called S# at one point.

This comes in a number of steps.
First, we want to have our C# compiler support the same hosting APIs that the current Iron* languages support.

Second, we are going to have an option to have our C# compiler recognize a different language that we are calling "S#".    It is not too far from C#, it is basically C# with the features that we wanted to get into the language for many years, and we feel that the time is right to get these out to the public.

We have an internal draft document, and once it is more baked we will circulate it.