[IronPython] Compatibility issue pickling .NET object stored in PythonTuple

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 22:36:53 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Jason McCampbell
<jmccampbell at enthought.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> We are working on porting the numpy package to IronPython and I am running
> into an issue getting the output of cPickle to be compatible between CPython
> and IronPython.  The issue appears to be that PythonTuple doesn't implement
> __reduce__ and instead relies on .NET serialization.

For a quick glance, it looks like cPickle has a special case for
PythonTuple instances, so PythonTuple shouldn't need a __reduce__
method. It's possible that the tuple elements are not being properly
pickled, but I'm not familiar enough with the code to say for sure.

Can you create a repro that doesn't depend on numpy and open an issue?

- Jeff