[IronPython] Calling a query from .MDB (Access stored procedure) by name:

Peter Masiar peter.masiar at gmail.com
Mon May 24 21:55:59 CEST 2010

So I can connect to my little database now, thanks.

I have a "query" in Access - I believe it's an Access term for a
stored procedure.
I'd like to call that stored procedure by name from my IronPython
code. SQL text is huge (it inserts data from a Sharepoint "list",
linked as access table, to real Access table for processing), ugly and
hairy...

I found command.ExecuteNonQuery(), but it checks for a valid SQL
statement, and is unhappy with me providing just a "query" name. It
says: Expected DELETE, INSERT, PROCEDURE, SELECT or UPDATE.

I found also docs
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/yy6y35y8%28VS.71%29.aspx and
OleDbCommand.CommandType but I am not sure how to set CommandType to
Stored procedure. Any suggestions?

Is there a way to execute Access "query" by name? Last resort would be
copy-pasting the whole SQL enchilada from my "query" to IronPython as
text SQL command.

Thanks again

--
-----