[IronPython] example of using IronPython with MS Access database (.mdb)?

Peter Masiar peter.masiar at gmail.com
Mon May 24 18:34:20 CEST 2010

Gurus,

I am trying to wrap my mind about how I can access MS Access database
from IronPython. My apologies - I bet this was asked about zillion
times, but of course "Access" is impossible to google. I believe that
it is same thing as Jet engine, Access 2003 uses .mdb as file
extension.

I found http://www.ironpython.info/index.php/Databases_with_Odbc but
AFAICT it uses MS SQL server.
IronPython in Action book uses PostgreSQL. There are plenty of MySQL
and SQLite examples, but I am stuck with Access (and want to get out -
IronPython should be first step).

I would also prefer stock IronPython install - I expect there should
be a way to work with Access databases, right? Unless some other
library provides much better functionality.

Should be something trivial but I am confused. Any links to simple examples?

Thank you

--
-----
Peter