[IronPython] Trying to get started with IronPython

vga vga vga1232 at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 22:06:07 CEST 2010

Hello, I'm trying to get started with web developing, I have Apache 2.2 installed on an XP virtual machine and working for basic html. I have latest IronPython installed and NET4.

I've dropped the dlr-20100305.js , the xap and the 2 slvx files in my htdocs, and my index.html contains :

<script type="text/javascript">
    window.DLR = {path: ''}
</script>
<script src="dlr-20100305.js" type="text/javascript">
</script>

<input id="button" type="button" value="Say, Hello!" />
<script type="text/python">
  def button_onclick(s, e):
      window.Alert("Hello from Python!")
  document.button.onclick += button_onclick
</script>

On my page I see the button but also : TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'NoneType' and 'function' for the last line.

Important : I haven't configured Apache to recognize python code. I guess I need to declare a mime type or something ?