[IronPython] Programming a package in c# (heirarchical modules)

djlawler at aol.com djlawler at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 19:55:18 CET 2010

I received no response from the PyCrypto folks.  I've gone ahead and
put the project on bitbucket.  You can find it at:

http://bitbucket.org/djlawler/ironpycrypto/overview/

ANY suggestions/patches etc would be great.  The easiest way to install
it is to build the IronPyCrypto dll using Visual Studio (express is
fine) OR SharpDevelop 3.  Then you can plop the dll into a directory
called DLLs in C:\Program Files\IronPython 2.6 (assuming the default
location for IP).  Then copy the Crypto directory into C:\Program
Files\IronPython 2.6\Lib\site-packages.  You can also compile the
python portion to Crypto.dll using SharpDevelop or (probably) pyc and
put that DLL in the DLLs directory as well (then you don't need to copy
the Crypto directory).  After that it should work if you do something
like: from Crypto.Hash import MD4.  As it stands now it passes all the
unit tests in PyCrypto.  winrandom is a pretty bad hack...but I
reasonably happy about almost everything else.  Now that this is out I
am hoping (very much), that someone from Microsoft can tell me if there
is a better way to handle creating the modules in c#! (hint, hint)

Enjoy!

David