[IronPython] Programming a package in c# (heirarchical modules)

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 18:05:59 CET 2010

Hi David,
I looked into this some more, and I made some errors in my SO answer
that I'll correct later (sorry!).

When building PyCrypto, it builds & installs .pyd files into the
necessary folders; I assumed that it built one monolithic DLL (a
strategy used by other modules), but it doesn't. When looking for
Crypto.Hash.MD4, CPython will find and load Crypto\Hash\MD4.pyd. I had
forgotten how .pyd files were used.

I don't know if IronPython supports this technique; I've only used the
monolithic DLL approach, so your current solution may be the correct
one.

- Jeff