[IronPython] Suspending threads

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Mon Mar 8 16:13:11 CET 2010

IronPython doesn't have "its own" threads; it runs on whatever thread it's
called on.

The .NET Thread class has methods Suspend (
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.threading.thread.suspend.aspx)
and Resume (
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.threading.thread.resume.aspx).
These are deprecated and dangerous and all-around a bad idea. If you give a
little more detail about what you're trying to accomplish, perhaps someone
can suggest an alternative approach.