[IronPython] vb.net webform in asp.net website problem reloaded

Pablo Dalmazzo pablodalma93 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 13:06:40 CET 2010

Hi there,

So, I finally got the dlls files made with IronPython to work in asp.net by updating to the last version of IronPython and

compiling them with clr.CompileModules() . So I thought, there is nothing now to stop me from using IronPython for

comercial projects.

Now I work with other people who might keep using VB.NET in the projects for a while. So in IronPython 2.0 I found a trick

to have both .vb and .py files in the same website, by creating an ironpython website and placing the .vb files in the

App_Folder . But this doesnt work anymore with IronPython 2.6 and its web.config example , so now I can have

modules imported from dlls made in IronPython but I cant have both .vb and .py files in the same website.

Any workaround for this? Any idea?

We could create 2 different projects (one in VB.NET and one in
IronPython) , and when we want to unify them we convert the .vb and .py
to dlls files, but the problem with this is we cant use Visual Source
Safe and if I edit some of my co-workers files there is no control of
version at all

Greetings, Pablo.