[IronPython] IronPython and C# not giving the same result

yngipy hernan yngipy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 06:59:47 CEST 2010

First off, Notepad was running with the word "test1". Sorry for not being
clear.

As with Wolfram, I also used UI Spy. UI Spy would see tree element from the
"Notepad" window. Namely:
Edit control (this contains "test1" text)
TitlebarControrl (this is where the min, max, close, system menu is
contained. And it has the text "Untitled - Notepad")
Application Menu bar (This is the main menus).

So yes, IronPython does not seem to like UI Automation much. C# can do it
just fine by the way.

This might be related to this
issue<http://blogs.msdn.com/b/shrib/archive/2008/03/24/ironpython-cannot-call-automationelement-fromhandle.aspx>.
I am hoping that people with deep enough knowledge about IronPython can
confirm this.

Or if I can get enough direction, I can spend some time digging into it....
but I need hint how to go from here.

Regards,
Yngipy