[IronPython] Building IronPython from sources

Lukas Cenovsky cenovsky at bakalari.cz
Fri Jul 23 21:36:43 CEST 2010

  Hi all,
I have one wish for the next release of IronPython 2.6.2 (hope it is not
too late...) - please make sure it is possible to build IronPython
binaries from sources. I have downloaded
IronPython-2.6.1-Src-Net20SP1.zip
<http://ironpython.codeplex.com/releases/view/36280#DownloadId=116512>
and I there is no way for me to build Silverlight binaries from it...

I have opened the solution in VS 2010, solution file was converted to
the new version, I selected 'Silverlight Debug' as a solution
configuration and I received meny errors as below when building
Microsoft.Scripting.dll:

Error    11    The type 'System.SerializableAttribute' exists in both
'c:\IronPython-2.6.1\Bin\Silverlight Debug\Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll'
and 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll'
C:\IronPython-2.6.1\Src\Runtime\Microsoft.Scripting\ArgumentTypeException.cs
20    6    Microsoft.Scripting
Error    12    The type or namespace name 'Serializable' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
C:\IronPython-2.6.1\Src\Runtime\Microsoft.Scripting\ArgumentTypeException.cs
20    6    Microsoft.Scripting

My goal was to build debug-able Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight.dll
because I'm receiving AddReference error which I'd like to inspect.

--
-- Lukas