[IronPython] IronPython in Visual Studio 2008 (fwd)

Joshua Kramer josh at globalherald.net
Wed Jan 20 17:27:50 CET 2010

Michael Foord wrote:  "The short answer is no. The Wing debugger is written in
C. The SharpDevelop debugger (written in C#) does work with IronPython though."

I'm not sure what the language that the editor is written with has to do with
it.  Eclipse + PyDev is written in Java and it works 95% [1] with IronPython
2.6.

[1] There is a slight issue that I had discussed before (and filed a bug report
on), in that breakpoints in top-level code are only hit approximately 66% of
the time.  Breakpoints inside of functions appear to be hit 100% of the time
though.

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01