[IronPython] serial ports and arduinos

Ale Fernandez skoria at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:53:55 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to interface an arduino microcontroller
to an ironpython script using serial comms. Has anyone done this
before?

Or, has anyone just used the serial comms functionality in IronPython,
and if so, how have you tested this? I could only find one reference
to it on this mailing
list:http://lists.ironpython.com/pipermail/users-ironpython.com/2006-June/002641.html

...which uses the serial port class at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.ports.serialport.aspx

But there is also pyserial, the python library... Which one is going
to be best to work with?

Thanks,

Ale

--
~The Cycle of the formation and disintegration http://alefernandez.org.uk/
   of the universe influences the formation and disintegration