[IronPython] So what is left for Django?

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:58:45 CET 2010

Hi Josh,
The main repo for this work is
http://bitbucket.org/jdhardy/django-ironpython/; there are
instructions there on running the test suite. The whole test suite
needs to pass, and it looks like 2.6.1 will go a long way to helping
that. That said, I don't think it will fix everything. I've basically
stopped testing until 2.6.1 RC2 is released (w/ the unicode fixes) and
then I'll start again.

A list of things that are known to fail in the test suite is @
http://bitbucket.org/jdhardy/django-ironpython/issues/. (there are
more that I haven't entered).

The biggest issue is that not all of the tests are running:
http://bitbucket.org/jdhardy/django-ironpython/issue/11/not-all-test-run-under-ironpython.

MSSQL support needs some work yet; both the adodbapi backend and the
django-mssql adapter need some changes to work with Django 1.2. I
intend to commit those changes back to both projects as soon as the
changes are stable.

There also should be better IronPython sqlite support for dev/test, so
I'm working on that as well @
http://bitbucket.org/jdhardy/ironpython.sqlite/.

If you want to help out, the best way to start is by getting the test
suite running, picking failures, and opening issues - and fixing them,
if possible.

Aside: does anyone object if this list is used for communication? It
should be fairly low volume.

- Jeff