[IronPython] Internals documentation

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 18 21:24:07 CET 2010

For the DLR side of things you might find the DLR discussions to be useful: http://dlr.codeplex.com/Thread/List.aspx

This post to the mailing list might also be useful - it covers implementing new modules in .NET for IronPython: http://lists.ironpython.com/pipermail/users-ironpython.com/2009-November/011729.html  That documentation will be included in IronPython once we start including the Python docs + IronPython specific documentation (could be 2.6.1 or 2.6.2).

There's also some useful (although fairly low-level and detailed) information up here: http://ironpython.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=More%20Information such as the exception model and information on value types.

If there's something specific that you'd think helpful let us know - I can probably work to write something up and incorporate it into some documentation.