[IronPython] Resolver One 1.8 released!

Giles Thomas giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
Fri Feb 5 18:02:14 CET 2010

Hi all,

We've just released version 1.8 of Resolver One, our first version based
on IronPython 2.6.  It's much faster and "snappier", at least in part
due to the new platform: many thanks to the IronPython team for that!

In case you've not heard of it before, Resolver One is a Windows-based
spreadsheet that integrates IronPython deeply into its recalculation
loop, making the models you build more reliable and more maintainable.
It's also still (we think) the largest IronPython application in the
world, with 45,000 lines of code backed up by 180,000 lines of unit and
functional tests.

In version 1.8, we've worked hard on improving performance above and
beyond the gains we got from IronPython 2.6, and we've also added a
number of new statistical functions, along with various minor bugfixes
and smaller enhancements.

You can read more about Resolver One here:

   <http://www.resolversystems.com/products/resolver-one/>

We have a 31-day free trial version, so if you would like to take a
look, you can download it from our website:

   <http://www.resolversystems.com/download/>

If you want to use Resolver One in an Open Source project, we offer free
licenses for that:

   <http://www.resolversystems.com/opensource/>

Best regards,

Giles

--
Giles Thomas
giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
+44 (0) 20 7253 6372

17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number 5467329.
Registered address: 843 Finchley Road, London NW11 8NA, UK